Jobs That Require Travel

Working and traveling the world at the same time, that sounds way too good to be true, but it is entirely possible. Surely you now have work and travel stays in your head where you travel to a country of your choice after school or during your studies to wander around it and discover its wonderful places while you work on a farm or in a bar. If traveling is your passion and a working holiday trip is not enough for you, there is also the option of choosing a job in which you are always on the move and get to know the most beautiful countries and most exciting cultures in the world. In the following we give you the most important data about working and traveling as well as an overview of the jobs for hikers.

Work and Travel

The most popular option of temporary work abroad is work and travel. Mostly you work as a backpacker in a certain country or earn your money with job hopping in different countries by doing odd jobs like farm work. Outside the EU you need a working holiday visa, for which you are usually not younger than 18 and not older than 30 years.


Voluntary Work

This form of work abroad is also known as volunteering. Here you will gain experience in working for charitable purposes that aim either for the well-being of people or nature in the target country. In most cases, a good command of English is required and you should be at least 16 years old.

See also  Spain Travel Destination Ideas In 2021

AU Pair

The au pair is particularly a trend among younger travelers, as you live with a host family in the country of your choice and take care of childcare and frequent household chores. You can easily improve your foreign language skills and get an impression of the culture of your host family at the same time.

Summer Camps

With the small version of the au pair, you can look after children or young people on their travels without parents. So you are in a holiday camp for a short time and help with the care and the preparation of meals for the entire team. A good English is often required.

Holiday Jobs

Of course, you can travel as a student during your break and take a paid holiday job in the country of your choice. Usually, such short-term jobs are offered as part of work and travel, in which you then work for around two months, for example as an animator or lifeguard.

Internship Abroad

Another possibility of gaining initial work experience in another country is in the form of an internship. Many professions offer such jobs and look forward to help from abroad. In this way, you gain experience and learn the language of the target country at the same time.


    Leave a Reply